Safe mode with 4 gigs

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by minty, Nov 12, 2007.

1. minty

minty

hello

when I boot into safe mode, I am unable to do anything, install, open folders as nothing works, I have no error messages, just nothing works, if I take out 2 gigs leaving me with only 2 gigs everthing is just perfect

I have tried installing the hotfix that I see on the forums "Windows6.0-KB929777-v2-x64.msu but it gives a error saying that its not for my machine

I am running buiness edition Vista 64

Apart from this my machine runs just fine and for the last 6 months, only the safe mode gives me problems with the 4 gigs

any ideas would be welcome

minty, Nov 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. minty

kingofnexus

Try and put in the vista disc and run a mem test to check all your memory is functioning. Also can you open/run programs in normal vista? Does your computer bsod often?

kingofnexus, Nov 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. minty

minty

Hi

Memory is Ok, have tested 9 hours non stop with mem test, never have BSOD and all works just fine when in 'normal' mode

Just safe mode gives me problems

minty, Nov 12, 2007
  4. minty

Jason

Is something wrong with your install, what is your reason for going into safe mode in the first place?

Jason, Nov 12, 2007
  5. minty

minty

I needed to go into it as uninstalling Nvidia drivers went wrong, and sometimes it can be usefull to uninstall in F8, safe mode

this is a weird problem and seems that nobody can help :(

minty, Nov 12, 2007
  6. minty

WAW8

If you haven't already, it might be useful for you to check out the posts on the ASUS Forum, below:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=9&model=EN8800+Series&SLanguage=en-us

It's not encouraging, though. Quite a few posts about problems, especially with the drivers. One suggestion was to download the driver from Nvidia.

So, your comment about driver uninstall going bad, were those the ASUS-supplied drivers, or were those from Nvidia?

WAW8, Nov 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question