rseb.sys file corrupt or missing

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by bangemdead, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bangemdead

bangemdead

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and would be very happy if somebody can help me out.

Bought Vista Premium Upgrade yesterday, spent 10+ hours trying to get it to work. My computer goes through the whole installation process and then when it tries to boot vista for the first time I get the message that vista can not start due to the following

rseb.sys file is corrupt or missing

error 0xc0000098

I have googled this error (rseb.sys) and it would appear to be related to my RAILINK RT2500 wireless LAN card.

I have removed the drivers and even removed the card but still get the error. I have also downloaded the vista drivers for this, but can not install them until I have put vista on?

Last question. How long should the Vista setup repair process take, I have left it running for over an hour and it never seems to get any further?

Please, please help before my computer takes a crash course in how to fly out of my window.

Cheers Gaz

bangemdead, Mar 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. bangemdead

WAW8

Is your machine bootable at all? Asking because I don't know how you removed drivers after the failed Vista upgrade if your machine will not boot.

WAW8, Mar 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. bangemdead

WAW8

We can't help if you won't answer questions ... we're not mind readers.

WAW8, Mar 5, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question