Right mouse click problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by joshvee, Nov 8, 2007.

1. joshvee

joshvee

Hi. Im having a problem with my computer and i'm not sure if this is a vista problem or a video driver/card problem.

When ever i right click on something and then click an option, for example, if i right click the windows side bar icon and then click "Add Gadgets" the gadgets window opens up ok, but the words, Add Gadgets, stays on the screen where I clicked it until i close the Gadgets window.

This happens for anything that right click on and anything that I choose from the right click menu.

Even a desktop folder. So if i right click on a folder on the desktop, and then click on something in the right click menu, the writing of what ever I click on stays on the screen and in front of all other windows, untill I close whatever I clicked on.

I do not think this is a video driver problem, I think this is a Vista problem, because the writing dissapears when I close the window that it opened.

Computer specs are:

CPU = core 2 duo E6600
    Motherboard = EVGA 122-CK-NF68

RAM = 2 x 1GB DDR2 PC1200
    Video = 2 X EVGA 7300 in SLI mode
    HDD = 1 x 160GB SATA Seagate (OS) 1 x 400GB SATA Seagate (Storage)
    OS = Vista Home Primium 32 bit

joshvee, Nov 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. joshvee

WAW8

If it's a generic Vista problem, it's not one I've seen in over a year of use (including beta testing) and several different versions of Vista on several machines ...

Of course, you are running in SLI mode -- where there have been problems from the beginning. Have you installed the very latest video drivers?

One thing you could try is removing one video card and seeing if the problems continue. If they do, it's probably a driver problem; if they don't, it's related to running in SLI mode -- and you're probably stuck with it.

WAW8, Nov 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. joshvee

faust1200

Well you can take it out of SLI mode without removing the card. Also try the different SLI modes to see if they make a difference. (split frame, alternate frame 1 and 2)

Certainly try a different or new nvidia driver.

faust1200, Nov 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question