Restore Point Woes

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by WAW8, Feb 15, 2011.

1. WAW8

WAW8

IF you can't get a display in SAFE mode, you're pretty much stuck with an "electric brick". Any repair CD is goint to try to boot using the default display. So basically, with a nonworking screen, there's little to nothing you can do.

Replacing a screen in a laptop, if you're at all able to do hardware replacements, is not that hard -- you only have to be very careful with the ribbon connector and its plug.

But ... and don't take this personally, we're NOT a hardware repair shop; we're a Vista self-help support forum. So, anything dealing with hardware repair is outside the scope of the assistance we can provide.

Also, I've personally found System Restore to be an absolute waste of time and space. The few times I've really needed it, it has failed me miserably. If you're going to provide tech support for PCs, you need to invest in third-party imageing/backup products. Macrium Reflect is a great product and the FREE version provide most of the functionality you need.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    WAW8, Feb 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question