resetting network

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Luvthekeys, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Luvthekeys

Luvthekeys

I have a wireless network set up between two vista computers, a desktop and laptop. For a while I could access both computers from each other after it asked for a password when I accessed them. Somehow Windows One Care added a object labeled OC12345478 which seemed to prevent me from access my desktop from my laptop.

I recieve the following message when I try to open the desktop pc from my laptop. "\\luvthekeys-PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this netowrk resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon failure: The user had not been granted the requested logon type at this computer." I have checked the settings on both computers and as far as I can see they are identical. I know I am missing something but dont know what is is since at one point it was working. I also cant see the media server on the desktop from the laptop.

Now after trying to fix the problem I have one 1 One Care Object on the network,however when I try to access it it shows the drives etc. however when I click on one of the objects it gives me an error message "Windows cannot access \\OC5563456177\M Drive. Check th espelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. Try to identify and resolve network problems, click to diagnose." I then get the message, "M drive is available but the user accound that your are logged on with was denied access."

I cant seem to figure out where I went wrong and would like to start from scratch if that is possible. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I am using a netgear 3300 and both computers are running Vista SP1

Thanks, LTK

Luvthekeys, Jun 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Luvthekeys

invisghost

You may have changed a setting or something may have changed one. Try uninstalling anything that is recent and not TOO important. If all else fails you can get a file sharing program. or a remote desktop program.

invisghost, Jun 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Luvthekeys

WAW8

If you're really open to any suggestions then remove and wipe Windows OneCare. I'm not being facetious. I had one-care on my machine for a while and it screwed up LOTS of stuff. Once I got rid of it, everything was OK again.

I would suggest you remove it to see if that restores your access.

WAW8, Jun 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question