resetting adminstrator password without haveing admin rights

Discussion in 'Security' started by coolhndluke, Mar 7, 2009.

1. coolhndluke

coolhndluke

I was given a used laptop computer recently. There are 2 accounts. 1 haveing full admin rights and the other limited with parental control enabled. I cant do anything in the limited account due to no admin priveledges and the other i cant even get into because not haveing the password to the admin account. I tried various programs to reset the password but no luck. I cant even run a as admin in the cmd prompt.

I am useing vista home premium 32bit. Ironically the computer i purchased is the exact same as my old one wich also runs vista home premium. Is there a way to add newly purchased com to network and remotely change admin rights or disable uac via old computer or something like that? If it is possible i need info on how and/or link. Thanks in advance.

coolhndluke, Mar 7, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. coolhndluke

WAW8

Basically, no -- that's part of the "improved" security of Vista.

Have you tried unhiding the real Admin account -- as shown in our General Technical forum?

If that doesn't work, suggest Googling for Password Reset Disk. You may find sites that provide an ISO image you can download and burn of a Linux disk, which, once booted, will allow you to blank the Admin password.

WAW8, Mar 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question