Repartition your hard drive within Vista!

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Jason, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

Move over, Partition Magic. Windows Vista has built-in hard drive partition management with the ability to shrink, create and format new partitions without the dreaded fdisk, third-party software, or even rebooting your PC.

With a few clicks through a wizard or two you can take free space on your hard drive and make it a whole 'nother partition right inside Vista to store your data or turn on file encryption (more on that later). Check out a quick step by step on partition management inside Vista

Screenshots to show you how:

http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/vistarepartition/

Jason, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Camride

Give this thing a shot guys, it works really well. I have a feeling we're going to be finding lots of neat little "features" in Vista like this that you'd normally have to buy 3rd party software for.

:p

Camride, Feb 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

ManofGod

The only question I have is this: how does it affect a windows xp installation? You see, I dual boot on my laptop and I do not want to see my xp install trashed from this app.

Joe

ManofGod, Feb 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question