Remove from this list - but always returns (Start Menu)

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by TipaCow, May 14, 2008.

1. TipaCow

TipaCow

When I got my new pc, it came loaded with a lot of stuff I didn't want, and some I'd seldom use. I uninstalled some programs, but the Start Menu icons for the pgms I'll seldom use are hard to get rid of. I right click and select "Remove from this list", but when I reboot they're back again. Does anyone know how to permanently delete the pgm icons <U>below</U> theline?

[​IMG]

TipaCow, May 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. TipaCow

Dwarf

Right click on the start orb and select 'Properties'. This opens the 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' dialogue with the 'Start Menu' tab active. On this page, there is a section headed 'Privacy' with 2 options: 'Store and display a list of recently opened files' and 'Store and display a list of recently opened programs'. The default is for both options to be enabled. As you wish to clear the list of programs, click to remove the tick next to the second of these options. The first of the options merely enables and disables the 'Recent Items' option on the Start Menu.

Dwarf

Dwarf, May 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question