Remote Connections

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by rayres, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rayres

rayres

I am studying for my MCTS certification (Vista) and am a bit confused about Remote connections.

The question/answer below from the book confuses me.

Question: When connected to a remote computer using Remote Desktop, you want to be able to copy files off your local hard disk drive to the remote computer and print documents from applications on the remote computer to your local computer.

How can you accomplish this?

Answer (which is wrong): Local resources cannot be configured on the remote client.

I know that the "host" computer is also called the "remote computer," and is the physically unreachable computer, but what is a "remote client"? Does this mean that I can't configure local resources on the physically unreachable computer to allow me to print on the local computer, which I am sitting at?

Thanks.

Rob

rayres, Mar 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. rayres

rayres

Further Clarification

I am studying from a book at home, and taking the practice test. I do NOT have an instructor and have tried to look this up on the internet myself, but with no success.

Thanks.

Rob

rayres, Mar 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. rayres

Ztruker

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question