Reinstalling Windows that came pre-installed

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by vivi0184, Nov 20, 2010.

1. vivi0184

vivi0184

Hello!
    I have a Windows Home Premium 64-Bits SP 1 running in my machine. The OS came pre-installed when I bought it.

I have been having a lotta problems because I can't not make any update in my Windows since I keep on receiving a message error, Code 80070424.

I have tried all kind of solution and nothing worked. So I am heading to the final one, which is reinstalling my Windows.

The problem is that I don't have a Installation CD so I was wondering if I could use the same Key if I manage to get a copy from the same Windows version.

Sorry, but I am, in the best case, an advanced user and all I know I learn in Online Forums. I don't even know if it's legal what I consider to do.

Thank you all for the attention!

vivi0184, Nov 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. vivi0184

clifford_cooley

Hi vivi0184 - Welcome to vistaforums

Yes if you install the same version of Windows your current key will activate and be perfectly legal. It is the OEM key that is tied to specific hardware and works only with the Windows edition it was intended.

I have done so many times myself. :) This ensures a fresh install and no bloatware installed in the system from the use of a recovery partition.

clifford_cooley, Nov 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. vivi0184

vivi0184

Thanks! I will do it for the first time. Hope it works fine!

vivi0184, Nov 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question