Reinstall Vista?

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by ricebowl1988, May 30, 2007.

1. ricebowl1988

ricebowl1988

hey everyone,

I recently got a lenovo x60 tablet with LOADS of craplets installed on it. it takes 15 minutes of constant HD activity before i can do anything on it... and thats with disableing all the services and removing all the startup entries in msconfig. It turns out symantec norton internet security is the worst p.o.c. ever developed. Every other hard drive request was the antivirus program. on top of that, the uninstall program doesent work. Im assuming this isnt vista's fault but rather a stupid mistake on the manufacturers part.

1) Can I install vista using the only recovery media provided to me, an "Upgrade your windows vista experience" DVD. Is it possible to do a clean install? the name suggests otherwise.

2) Will I be able to activate vista again once i reinstall.

3) If anyone has done this procedure to swipe the bloatware, please discuss your outcomes.

Thank you All in advance.

ricebowl1988, May 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ricebowl1988

WAW8

Uninstalling Symantec will go a long way toward improving performance. Go to the Symantect site and download their Norton Removal Tool (NRT). I will remove all the Norton/Symantec products from your machine.

WAW8, May 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question