Registry Deletions

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by Zuko, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Zuko

Zuko

Vista o/s with IE9. In general, this is a slow computer which is about 6 to 7 yeas old. I have read about and heard about numerous references being made to "leftovers" in the Registry. Accessing the registry and aiming only at the software of each of the items, I can see hundreds of entries pertaining to things that are long gone from the computer. i.e WorksShoebox.Shebox Catague which I understand educational institutions use for keep track of students progress. That fits, since our grandson was taking some college courses and spent a lot of time on that computer. I guess basically, my question is if those things were removed, will it help the performance of the computer. There are a lot of pros and cons about making adjustments to the Registry. Can I get some input? Thank You.

Zuko, Dec 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Zuko

Termingamer2JD

Run CCleaner on the registry, that should clear up a lot of stuff.

Anyway, if there's a ton of stuff in there, get rid of the keys. However look in the Program Files folders because most software is too lazy to uninstall itself properly...

Termingamer2JD, Oct 13, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question