Recycle Bin problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Hazelnut, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Hazelnut

Hazelnut

I am using Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 531.

My Recycle Bin contains deleted items, but details of those items are not displayed. The desktop icon shows that there are items in the recycle bin, but when I open it, the right hand pane is blank.

I have made sure that the "Display hidden files and folders" box is checked and, on advice, tried to delete the $Recycle.Bin folder - a replacement $recycle.bin folder appears to have been created, but still no details.

If the Recycle Bin is open when an item is deleted, it appears in the right hand pane, but then disappears when the bin is closed.

Any suggestions?

I would appreciate any help as I am worried that if I delete something in error and wish to restore it I will not be able to do so.

Hazelnut, Dec 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Hazelnut

blackhat

check if the EMPTY icon isn't the same as the FULL icon

otherwise just empty the recycle bin. if you putted it there and you don't know what file it is you probably don't miss it

blackhat, Dec 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Hazelnut

Hazelnut

Thanks for your response - but it isn't the icons that I have a problem with - it's the fact that the deleted items are not listed.

When items are deleted, I know that they are in the recycle bin - but I can't see them. Consequently, if I do need to restore an individual item it is not possible to find it.

Can you help?

Hazelnut, Dec 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question