Recovering lost photos on a dvd.

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by anna_35, Oct 16, 2009.

1. anna_35

anna_35

Hi, I do hope I'm posting this question in the right place.

I like everything about Vista apart, only sometimes it like to mess around with dvd's. I think I need to stick to just using one type.I have burnt lots of photos to a dvd and I have used the same disc to burn more, which worked, but now I can't see any of them ! I know they are there and have even downloaded programmes that says they are there,but without buying the full program none of the photos can be recovered. Is there any free programmes I can download that will recover my photos ? This isn't the first time it's happened!!

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

anna_35, Oct 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. anna_35

FOBskuks

what file are your photos saved under??

FOBskuks, Oct 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. anna_35

anna_35

jpeg's

they are all on a disc, not on my computer.

anna_35, Oct 18, 2009
  4. anna_35

WAW8

From my experience, all of the well-known programs only allow you to view the recovery results, not save them. You have to purchase the products to save them.

There is a less well-know utility known as PhotoRec which allows you to recover "lost" photos from any medium. The link below is to the website where you can download it:

[url]http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec [/url]

I've not used this, so if you have problems, you'll have to contact the suppliers for help.

WAW8, Oct 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question