recovered encrypted bitlocker partition to 50gb .img file, how do i view folders

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by quaddy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. quaddy

quaddy

as stated above, there was a problem that occurred after installig dual boot and loading ols200, it cause my bitlocker encrypted vista to not be able to boot, i tried all of the fix solutions, but this wasnt working as this drive was encrypted and the winload.exe couldnt be read or altered or replaced, as the bitlocker menu on startup was also lost so rendered me having th eusual tpm useless.

so i spent hours using the vista bitlocker repair tool, i used it in conjunction with my recovery password off my usb/tpm, which was all ok and verified, and took a few hours to output the 50gb vista drive to an equal size img file onto an external drive.

question is, now i have my supposedly unencrypted folder structure inside that image file, how do i view/extract it, magiciso, poweriso, all have a 4gb limit when i try with those, this is 50gb, nero wouldnt read it.

anyone any ideas?

thanks if able.

quaddy, Aug 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. quaddy

AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare, Aug 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question