Recover profile from Command Prompt?

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by mb_lara, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mb_lara

mb_lara

A friend of mine came to me a couple of days and asked if I could help her with her laptop. It is running Vista Home Premium. The computer boots and shows her login (name) and the filed for the password. When she puts in her password, a message pops up that there was an error the profile service for the user and that the profile cannot be found. Clicking on OK "closes the session" and gets back to the intial login screen, and the same happens. The Power icon in the lower right shows only the options to Restart, Suspend, Hibernate, or turn off.
    When I start the laptop in safe mode, it starts loading the files, but stops at some point, then restarts (all the way back to the BIOS boot).
    I can boot into a recovery console and bring up a command prompt, which lets me see the hard disk. I tried to enable the administrator account (net user administrator /active:yes), and it said that the command finished successfully, but how do I boot into the admistrator account? I do not have an option that I see I could use to switch the user account to follow the usual recipies to fix a corrupt user profile.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

mb_lara, Feb 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. mb_lara

Cammygirl192

Cammygirl192, Mar 13, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question