Recent Program List empty

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jeo, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jeo

Jeo

When the start button is clicked, normally there's a list of all the recent programs used. Now its completely blank.

This problem started after using the latest version of a program called Registry Mechanic (PC Tools). This software also has an privacy & optimisation suite. I contacted PC Tools (a subsidary of Symantec) but as yet no solution is to be found from within their product. I even rebooted so registry changes take effect.

My guess is that a Registry entry that controls the Recent Program list has been deleted or corrupted. But I cannot confirm my assumption.

Other attempted remedies:
    1) I tried going to the Start Menu properties tab and made sure the privacy check boxes were checked.
    2) Also under Customise Start Menu, I confirmed "Number of recent programs to display" was greater than zero.

None of this helped. If the problem is a missing registry entry as I suspect, it didn't recreate that entry.

Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    Jeo, Jan 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question