Really slow vista...

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by FrostiE, Apr 10, 2007.

1. FrostiE

FrostiE

Hi all, was wondering if someone here could help.

I installed vista today, and everything was fine until I got to actually running it. Assuming that It would run decently (mainly because of decent hardware rating), I was quite amazed at how slowly it ran. The slightly longer times to popup windows where fine, but lag while scrolling through pages in both internet explorer and firefox? A black screen for about 10 seconds while waiting for media center to load and resume after switching tasks... thats not right.

I disabled aero glass first of all, assuming that it would push up the preformance a little but nothing!

My system specs are :

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ with hyper threading

1GB Ram ( 1x 512 DDR 266 and 1x 512 DDR 400 )

Winfast A400

2x IDE HDD's

on board sound card

[​IMG]

and I'm running it at 1280x960

Think thats all you should need to know. One thing I noticed is that the old winfast driver wouldnt install and vista pics my card up as a plain GeForce 6800 not leadtek 6800 as it used to.

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it, if not or its a hardware conflict then back to XP :D

Thanks in advance,

FrostiE, Apr 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question