Readiness Advisor

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Vince53, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Vince53

Vince53

Folks, I have downloaded the Vista Upgrade Advisor. I do not understand why it recommends that I use the Home Basic Edition.

I have an Intel Pentium 4 with 320 mHz.

I installed a Nividia 7300LE video card with 256 megabytes of RAM. The manufacturer's website says that it is "Vista Ready."

I have one gigabyte of RAM (which I understand is the minimum requirement for Home Premium).

My 280 gigabyte hard drive is 90% empty.

The test says that it does not recognize a bus manufactured by Intel, that I will have to uninstall Nero DVD burner, and some of my rarely-used programs might have minor compatibility problems. It says that all of my peripherals are compatible with Vista.

Can anyone explain why I cannot run the Home Premium Edition?

Thank you, Vince

Vince53, Jan 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Vince53

MafiaLord91

That is why you have a Vista ready card not a Aero capable card.

MafiaLord91, Jan 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Vince53

blackhat

320 mhz is definetly not enough to run vista

you mean 3200 right?

the upgrade advisor is a couple of months old so maybe it isn't updated yet. if it don't recognise your processor it will always say you need home basic

it will probably run well

vista has compatibility problems with nero. You just have to wait till they come out with a patch or someting

blackhat, Jan 29, 2007
  4. Vince53

Vince53

Thank you for the two replies. I have a Pentium 4 with 3.2 gigahertz. I bought the video card specifically to be able to use Vista Home Premium. My computer had an integrated video card that could borrow 64 megs of system RAM.

I know enough to know that you should research hardware on the web before buying it. But I am retired to Mexico, and the computer store had to ship in a 256 meg video card for me. When I looked it up afterwards on the web, I saw that it is "Vista Ready." Unfortunately, that phrase seems to apply only to Home Basic. Microsoft kept saying that you needed a video card with at least 128 megs of RAM, and we all know that you need at least double the minimum. But I asumed that any card with enough RAM could run Premium.

Vince53, Jan 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question