Rasapi32.dll problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Aikola, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Aikola

Aikola

Ok, this picture really explains my problem. [​IMG]

The problem started out of nowhere, never seen it before and now it comes up when trying to laucnh various applications. Cant seem to be able to do anything about it. I cant replace the file by downloading it from then internet cause it says i dont have rights to replace it ( yes im admin). Neither can i find any program to fix it with.

Im running MSI P7N Sli platinum, Q9300, 4gb of ddr2 800 and 2x 500 gb hd with Windows Vista Ultimate x64. Any ideas?

Aikola, Feb 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Aikola

WAW8

AFAIK, RASAPI32.DLL is a 32-bit API DLL used only for dial-up networking or remote access. If you're not using either of those, the more likely situation is that you have a virus or trojan of some sort that has hijacked this file. Suggest you run an antivirus scan.

And, unless you unhid the actual Administrator account and are using that, you are NOT the Admin; you're only a general user with limited admin rights. We have a pined post in our forums about how to unhide the real Admin account.

WAW8, Feb 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Aikola

Aikola

I ran a few different virus scans and none found anything. Then the whole computer started acting up and i rebooted. After reboot the message i got was Bootmgr is missing. I took the easiest step after that, format and reinstall. It seems likeley that there was a virus or something but i wonder why none of my scanners didnt find it.

Aikola, Feb 16, 2009
  4. Aikola

WAW8

Unfortunately, none of the AV products find everything, and it's generally a bad idea to run more than one at a time. The "best" these days tend to be Kasperky and NOD32, but Norton AV is getting better with the 2009 version. Are any of these the one you ran, or did you run Windows Defencer instead? If the latter, I've found it to be all but useless.

WAW8, Feb 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question