RAM problem?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Zuko, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Zuko

Zuko

As some of you may be aware and some not. I have completed a reinstall of my Vista w/SP2. When it was finished, I noted that IE 7 was installed and before the reinstall, IE9 was the browser. My wife and daughter both use that computer to go on Facebook. After the reinstall, they said that Facebook appeared to them that things were missing., like it looked old fashioned. I continued to pursue installation of IE9 but every time I clicked in or on anything with 9, I would get a screen showing that I should download IE8. I proceeded to do that and it always ended up that "this system will not support IE8." Then, I got a popup about upgrades and that there were 93 of them, so I let it go and lo and behold!, the next thing I see is that my browser has been updated to IE9 and the computer is back to where it started before I reinstalled the O/S. The computer is back to slow slow and playing games is laborious. It seems the upgrades accomplished two things,; completed the changing of the browser and reverted the computer back to the negative. I was watching the performance of the memory on the Task Manager and the free space was ranging from zero up to 424, whatever that means. Could the problem, in the end, be a RAM problem and more is needed it came with 1GB. Thank you.

Zuko, Dec 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question