Raid Drivers for Vista Install - Promise MB Fasttrack133 lite

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by KLund1, Jun 9, 2006.

1. KLund1

KLund1

Hi,

Just got the Beta 2 downloaded, and it boots for install ok.

BuT it dose not see my raid 0 drives. I tried my XP driver, they do not work. and a long search on google gave little help.

Anyone out there know where I might find a driver for my Promise 20276 raid controller?

Thanks in advance for you help.

KLund1

KLund1, Jun 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. KLund1

Jason

Jason, Jun 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. KLund1

KLund1

Hi,

Great, Thanks for the info. I think I should have added a bit more info to my post. I have a Gigabyte Mobo with Intel 850 chipset and promise controller is on the board. My Xp driver is called MB Fasttrack133 lite. Any ideas for a driver that might work with Vista, or do you think the invidia driver might work?

Thanks a lot,

KLund1

KLund1, Jun 12, 2006
  4. KLund1

Jason

When you say the Xp driver didnt work, did vista allow you to install it or did it reject the install? Sad to say but if the Xp driver isnt working and vista cannot locate its own, via using the device manager -> find raid controll -> update driver. You may be out of luck until drivers can catch up w/ vista. I've had lots of driver problems as well, but each build the support gets better.

Jason, Jun 12, 2006
  5. KLund1

Ph4ze

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I am having the same issue.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I am trying to do a fresh install (dvd boot) of Windows Vista Pre RC1 utilizing Promise Raid 0. I am using a Gigabyte GA-8IHXP motherboard that has a built in Promise Raid Function with a promise chip set 20276. I have been running Windows XP Pro with this set-up just fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I swapped my existing hard drive disk array with two bran new ones. Booted up the computer and it recognized the raid array just fine.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>When I get further into the vista installation, it sees the two hard drives as separate drives, not as an array.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>But if I try to select either of the drives, it says something that it cannot recognize the devise.<o:p></o:p>

blackhat: yes we can read it clearly also without fontsize 5

Ph4ze, Sep 1, 2006
  6. KLund1

Ph4ze

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">During the installation process I get to the screen that says:<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">“No drives were found.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation.”<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I next clicked on Load Driver<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">A screen pops up and says:<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">“To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Note: the installation media can be a floppy disk, CD, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker>, or <st1:stockticker>USB</st1:stockticker> flash drive.”<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">So, I take it to the floppy where the drivers are located and it says “Select the driver to be installed.”<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">My driver is listed as “WinXP Promise MBFastTrak133 Lite ™ Controller (A:WinXP\FASTTTRAK.IN<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">There is also a box at the bottom of the screen that is checked that says: “Hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this computer.”<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After it loads the drivers a new window pops up and says “Where do you want to install Windows?”<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It shows two separate hard drives Disk 0 and Disk 1<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">At the bottom of the screen it shows a yellow triangle with an explanation point and says, ”This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk.<SPAN style="m

Ph4ze, Sep 8, 2006
  7. KLund1

KLund1

I do not think Vista has caught up with this older RAID setup.

I downloaded Vista RC1. Tried to install it on my RAID 0 promise Fasttrak133 20276.

No joy! I get to the install on which partition part section, load the floppy with my XP Fasttrack133 MB drivers (not the SB drivers, though I can see them with "show all"), they load OK. I can now see the RAID drives (these would not load on Beta1). I select the RAID drive I want to install on, was the XP C:, and I get this message "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation." While this is further along the install proccess than I got on the Beta release, I'm still disapointed that those in Redmond can't get a handle on this.

I just want to try Vista out on my machine. If I open the case on rewire the computer, I might get Vista to work. But why should I have to do that, when it works in XP?

Gigabyte, my mobo manufacturer, has no Vista drivers for this board (8IHXP Rev2.1), nor does Promise (they do not even acknowladge this RAID chip exists on thier wed site)

If anyone out there in the vapor has any ideas as to how to make this worK, please letr me know @ [email protected]

Thanks

KLund1

KLund1, Sep 10, 2006
  8. KLund1

Ph4ze

I recieved this response from Gigabyte:

<TABLE class=Block_Main cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD vAlign=top width=100>Answer : </TD><TD>Hi

Unfortunatley there are no drivers currenlty available for Windows Vista, drivers should be ready when the OS is officially released

Thank you
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ph4ze, Sep 11, 2006
  9. KLund1

harbinger

harbinger, Oct 5, 2006
  10. KLund1

KLund1

Got it to work with my XP drivers. The trick is to install Vista from the dvd while XP is running. Boot to XP, load vista disk, run set up, click clean install, no upgrade. Vista seems to pull the drivers from XP. Tried this several times, just to make sure. worked each time. Vista sees the RAID 0 drives just fine. Though I'm using RC2 build 5744.

Vista seems to be working well, though I did not find drivers for my HP 1215 printer, nor the old Canon 5000f scanner I use. It did see my Ipaq without any problems. AOL beta vista software dose not work (wife likes it). Nero 7 Ultra Exteneded will not install. I did have to find and install SB sound card driver.

FYI

KLund1

KLund1, Oct 16, 2006
  11. KLund1

hank_freid

Hi,

Just got the Beta 2 downloaded, and it boots for install ok.

BuT it dose not see my raid 0 drives. I tried my XP driver, they do not work. and a long search on google gave little help.

Anyone out there know where I might find a driver for my Promise 20276 raid controller?

Thanks in advance for you help.

KLund1​

You are requested to take following steps to remove the problem

1..... Uninstall the Beta version.

2..... Reinstall it and restart the system.

3..... After that install other drivers for your desire

hank_freid, Apr 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question