Quick Launch bar keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Jason, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

Windows Vista lets you use hotkeys for the first 10items in the Quick Launch menu. These hotkeys are assigned automatically, so there’s no need to do anything other than understand how they work.

<A id=more-234></A>

For each icon in the Quick launch bar, the hotkey Win + number is assigned. These are assigned from left to right, 1-9 (and 0 for 10).

For instance, in the following screenshot, you’ll see that the first 4 icons are:
    1. <LI>Show Desktop <LI>Flip3D <LI>Windows Media Player <LI>Internet Explorer </LI>

[​IMG]

That wouldmean the automatic hotkeys are assigned like this:
    1. <LI>Win + 1 - Show Desktop: <LI>Win + 2 - Flip3D: <LI>Win + 3 - Windows Media Player <LI>Win + 4 - Internet Explorer </LI>

Seems kinda a waste to use Show Desktop and Flip3D when you can use Win+Tab and Win + D for those anyway. Maybe I’ll move them…

lifehacker.com

Jason, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Camride

That's a nice feature. I got rid of show desktop and flip 3d a while ago since they're easy to get to with hotkeys anyway. It's nice to be able to open IE with just a couple of clicks instead of having to reach all the way over for my mouse. :D

:)

Camride, Feb 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question