question about vista??

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by boonado, May 27, 2007.

1. boonado

boonado

hi can someone tell me will vista let me have programs like limewire on my laptop or will it just block them

boonado, May 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. boonado

Jason

You can have them. Runs like normal.

Jason, May 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. boonado

Vista_hacker

Yes ,but you have to allow it through windows firewall if it doesn't work usually you don't have to do this

Vista_hacker, May 31, 2007
  4. boonado

Bill Maxwell

Be carefull of Limewire, I have been removing a lot of spyware off of PC's with Limewire.

I do beleive that Limewire is a spyware downloader, or that the free music sites tag spyware to all their music.

Bill Maxwell, Jul 26, 2007
  5. boonado

AmericanNightmare

Do you think you could qualify that last statement? It sounds as if your implying that Limewire intentionally tags there music and other media. I should hope you were just being vague because Limeiwre is not responsible for what content people share. As far as free music sites go i am not sure what you mean there either. If your refering tosites such as TorrentSpy again they are not responsible for what people "tag" in thier files.

The issue is not with Limewrie or any other reputable file sharing client or site but with the users mostly those who don't use a good antivirus that monitors P2P downloads such as the program Avast you suggested someone use in another post. Either that or they don't update thier security programs or as a lot of kids do they disable them.

I generally don't get this adamantabout things butsince this is the Main Lounge...that's justplain bad information Bill even if it wasqualified with the phrase "i beleive".

AmericanNightmare, Jul 27, 2007
  6. boonado

Jason

He may be trying to say that it's been well known for a while now that Limewire isn't a very good place to get music anymore. A lot of the files shared have a) viruses b) spyware, and or are tagged files by the RIAA awaiting you to download and bust you. Not that any of this is LimeWire's fault as it clearly isn't, they are not running any central file server just distributing their legal P2P application.

As for the original poster:

I suggest you look into AllTunes which is basically a software version of AllofMp3.com (English version is now down due to the US threatening Russia) But the software still works, and it only cost like $.15 per song and a couple bucks for an album, you get CD quality 320Kb/s bitrate, and no spyware/virus(s) plus it's a tad more "legal" than Limewire. It's not as legal as something like ITunes store but it's a step towards it at least.

Jason, Jul 27, 2007
  7. boonado

AmericanNightmare

If that is what he is indeed trying to say he was very,very vague which is why i askedhim to clarify and qualify it. Again if you use a decent antivirus application you should have no worries i have used Limewire for lord knows how many years and continue to do so (although i prefer eMule) and the few trojans i have encountered were immediately detected and removedby my security programs.As far as them waiting to bust someone for downloading illegal music well i myself i am not greatly concerned about that happening.

Labeling Limewire as aspyware downloader is a very poor choice of wordshe might as well say"i believe the entire internet is aspyware downloader".

"I do beleive that Limewire is a spyware downloader, or that the free music sites tag spyware to all their music." The second half of that sentence is even more ridiculous.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question