Question about Guest account

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by pcnerd, May 14, 2011.

1. pcnerd

pcnerd

I know what you are going to say. Don't use the Guest account. It is not secure. I live by myself. I'm the only one using the PC. Since the Guest account has fewer privileges than the standard account, it would seem to be more secure. I've been using the Guest account for a while & I haven't had any problems.

Anyway, here is my question. I have an external desktop hard drive plugged into a docking station. I use it to back up my Documents folder. Yesterday, I tried to open the backup & restore wizard in the Guest account & couldn't do it. I assume that is one of the limitations of the Guest account, but it shouldn't be. No matter what user account one is using, it is always a good idea to back up the Documents folder. So, if I bought a 3rd party backup program, would I be able to use it to back up my Documents folder or would I have the same problem?

Thank you.
    David

pcnerd, May 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. pcnerd

pcnerd

Is somebody going to answer my question?

pcnerd, May 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. pcnerd

pcnerd

It is very obvious that no one will answer my question. I don't understand why my question has been ignored for almost 2 weeks. You have forced me to go elsewhere to get this question answered.

pcnerd, May 25, 2011
  4. pcnerd

WAW8

Probably because ... NONE of us use the Guest account ... and How are WE supposed to know what some anonymous "3rd party backup program" is going to allow you to do??

WAW8, May 26, 2011
  5. pcnerd

clifford_cooley

Thanks WAW8

And thats not to mention this fact

clifford_cooley, May 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question