Programs and Features - Uninstall button has left the building.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by xl_cheese, May 17, 2007.

1. xl_cheese

xl_cheese

I was in the process of uninstalling a few things and started seeing odd behavior. After a couple sucessful uninstalls I clicked on the next program to uninstall. I got a message saying the program had already been uninstalled. (It had not). Then the program and others dissappeared off of the list. The programs that are left no longer have the option of uninstalling.

[​IMG]

Can anyone help?

I then tried to perform a system restore and that failed. Tried in safemode and used different restore points. Nothing worked.

I then proceeded to try installing a lil game I had laying around. I installed it and only on that program did the uninstall button appear in the window.

xl_cheese, May 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. xl_cheese

Jason

thats really wierd, sorry can't be of any help.

Jason, May 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. xl_cheese

xl_cheese

Well I did a restore back to factory settings. What a pain in the a$$. Especially since one of my dvd backups of personal files got corrupt.

I just ordered another harddrive and now plan to make a clone every couple days. I haven't looked at the software yet, but I'll bet there's a way to have it do it automatically.

xl_cheese, May 20, 2007
  4. xl_cheese

citadin86

I got the same problem. Somebody should resolve this. If not microsoft, maybe some other smarter guys.

citadin86, May 29, 2007
  5. xl_cheese

VistaRocks

Have you right clicked it to see if you have the option there? Maybe it was still busy finnishing the uninstalls on the others? Other than that, i dont know, Havent seen that one yet.

VistaRocks, May 29, 2007
  6. xl_cheese

citadin86

I stumbled upon something. My office had wrong seril, blabla and had to reinstall it. after the reinstallation, the uninstall button appeared. Also, on newly installed programs, the button is there. but no fixes on the old programs.

It`s like the "log" for the installations has been deleted, or corrupted.

Strange stuff.

citadin86, May 30, 2007
  7. xl_cheese

dabrai_sid

encountered exactly the same problem. happened while i was uninstalling yahoo messenger and its components. really need a solution. any help wud be appreciated.

dabrai_sid, Jun 3, 2007
  8. xl_cheese

WAW8

At least on my machine, it's not a "problem".

When you first highlight the row, there is no Uninstall selection. But when you click on the row, a box appears on the left side, the box is checked, and then, Uninstall appears on the menu bar at the top. As a matter of fact, several entries work the same way.

Try it and see.

WAW8, Jun 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question