Program on Vista OS accessed from Network's XP-OS computers but not from Vista computers

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by raykon, Aug 6, 2008.

1. raykon

raykon

I am running into trouble running a program on all my computers on my network. I am using a book inventory software called Booktrakker. The program uses an Access database file system and theoretically runs perfect on networks.

My database has now almost 32'000 records and runs on a Vista Computer (replacing an XP-operated predecessor). All other satellite computers should optimally connect to this main PC but I noticed that only computers that have Vista on them have difficulty running Booktrakker. For some reason, not all Vista computers can connect simultaneously, and sometimes I do have to shut down Booktrakker on the main PC to have a satellite computer even start Booktrakker.

I played around with permissions on the main computer to basically give permission to "everyone" to access, read and modify the working Booktrakker folder without having any success.

Did I miss something in the networking/Vista? or it is just the program? Or it is just me?

Thanks

raykon, Aug 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. raykon

W3000x2VHP

Hi Raykon,

Have you enabled both shared folder and NTFS permissions as needed?

W3000x2VHP, Aug 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question