Program needs internet access

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by RKramden, Sep 9, 2006.

1. RKramden

RKramden

Hi All,

I'm having problems with a program that needs to access a server. I use Digital Darkroom to upload photos to my online photo catalog and I can't connect to the remote server. I get "A connection could not be established with the server. Check your internet connection." However, I'm online right now, so the connection isn't really the problem. I have allowed the program through the security settings. Any ideas?

RKramden, Sep 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. RKramden

kingofnexus

May be a problem with the server you are trying to connect to...
    Also try disabling windows firewall - I don't use any firewalls whatsoever as they just cause hastle (use my routers in built firewall which blocks all incoming connections).

I would guess its the host server that is having some downtime... just give it a day or so and try again.

kingofnexus, Sep 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. RKramden

RKramden

Hey King,

Thanks for the response but I can access the server via Firefox & IE, so I know the server isn't down. It seems to be a flukey problem with Beta 2. I just did a clean install of RC1 and was able to get online (thankfully). I'm still trying to figure out why it works on RC1 and not Beta 2 but it's not as drastic a problem now.

RKramden, Sep 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question