product key won't work.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by jios, May 3, 2007.

1. jios

jios

every time I log onto my computer there's this window that won't let me access my computer all of this started happening a few weeks after I upgraded and now it is asking for a product key. I need help...fast

jios, May 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. jios

kingofnexus

Did you type in your product key when you installed? You need a product key entered to activate windows. If you dont activate windows in 30 days you get your problem.

kingofnexus, May 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. jios

drocket

I had the same problem with a new computer what happens is you have to try it a couple of times than it gives you a phone option and you call, follow the prompts, if it works fine other wise they send you to a person who will give you a key to enter in. 3 minutes tops

drocket, May 9, 2007
  4. jios

WAW8

Click on the Start button. Type "slui.exe 4" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

That will display a pulldown list in which you select your country.

You will then get another screen that will provide you instructions for a number to call to activate your copy of Vista.

WAW8, May 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question