processes keep shuffling and cpu usage 100%

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by zormas, Nov 28, 2010.

1. zormas

zormas

hi guys,

since last weeks my cpu usage is always close to 100 %!!
    when i hit ctrl+alt+del and look at the process tab..i can see the process using most of the cpu resources...so i end the process...but then another process takes over and starts using the cpu resource(like insane amount 60%)...and if i end this one..another process takes over and starts using 60-70% cpu (like msnmsgr.exe) and this goes on...its very random.I am quite sure this is some kinda virus.
    its always the top most process...eating most of the cpu resources....so if i end the top process...some other random process replaces it and does the same and it goes on..i cant keep killing all the processes(i guess thats the aim of this virus ).

i am running avast which did detect win32.sality and some of it was removes but some files are still infected.could that be the reason?

anyone else faced a similar problem? I am running windows vista home premium.

any help is greatly appreciated..thanks.

Sam

zormas, Nov 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. zormas

clifford_cooley

Hi zormas - Welcome to vistaforums

Do you have a restore point that you can use to restore to a point before the infection?

You may need to boot into safe mode to use the restore point, if you have trouble using your PC in normal mode.

Either way you can use a few online scanners to scan your PC for viruses.

Malwarebytes is not an online scanner but definitely a good download to use for malware scanning.

clifford_cooley, Nov 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question