Problems copying files to external USB HD

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by smoothoperator2008, Dec 30, 2007.

1. smoothoperator2008

smoothoperator2008

If this message has been posted in the wrong section then apologies.

Anyway to get to the point, I recently purchased an Acer Travelmate laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium a couple of months ago, before that I had a Dell laptop, and backed up all my files and programs on a partitioned External HD in a USB Case.

Now for some reason whenever I attempt to copy files from Vista to my external hd, everything freezes then just doesnt copy across. However when i copy files from my external hd to Vista everything works fine, which leaves me to believe that there is some kind of security setting preventing me from copying files from Vista to my external hd, but i just dont know what it is:ermm:, any body got any idea?

your help would be most appreciated:D

G

smoothoperator2008, Dec 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. smoothoperator2008

kingofnexus

I dont think the problem is security related, as windows would tell you its a problem. The fact it freezes is very worrying, and it doesn't help us solve the problem.

Copy some files to a usb stick to see if the problem effects copying to them.

kingofnexus, Jan 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question