Problems and Reports Solutions has stopped working

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Tbrown922, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Tbrown922

Tbrown922

Every time there is something that goes wrong with my computer, it says "Problems Reports and Solutions has stopped working." Now, I get at least 4 BSOD's a day, and everytime one happens, that window pops up saying Problems and Reports and Solutions has stopped working, so I'm thinking if somehow I can fix Problems and Reports Solutions, that the BSOD's will stop?

Pleeaseee help me.

Tbrown922, Sep 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Tbrown922

AmericanNightmare

I doubt it is the Report Problems and Solutions that is causing your BSOD but rather a software maybe hardware issue somewhere else that happens to be killing the RPS as well.

Have you installed any new software especially drivers lately or made a hardware change?

AmericanNightmare, Sep 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Tbrown922

Tbrown922

Nope. I'm a computer idiot, so how would you do that?

Tbrown922, Sep 1, 2007
  4. Tbrown922

AmericanNightmare

Ahh alright then. What i was driving at is it is possible that some new software you have installed lately is causing this issue or a hardware change or upgrade. However in light of your response it may be anupdate that Vista installed automatically causing the BSOD or even a virus of some sort honestly though there are tons of reasons why a computer might BSOD.

Try a system restore to a time period before the problem started, is this something you know how to do? If not get back to us and i'll walk you through it. If you happen to have a Vista Install or upgrade disk you can pop that in on boot and try the Repair my computer feature.

5. Tbrown922

Tbrown922

Okay. Thanks for your help. :)

Tbrown922, Sep 1, 2007
  6. Tbrown922

Tbrown922

I checked the last update on the computer, and it was a few days back, so that was causing the BSOD's and I checked for viruses, and the computer is clean. The BSOD's seemed to have stopped, so I'm not going to restore it, but do you have an idea how I can get Problem Reports and Solutions working again?

Tbrown922, Sep 1, 2007
  7. Tbrown922

AmericanNightmare

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services, scroll down too Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support and restart the service.

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question