Problem with vista and intellitype and point and system restore

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by don_jarr, Oct 18, 2008.

1. don_jarr

don_jarr

<SPAN class=postbody>Hi all

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN class=postbody><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #111111; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">So last night (friday 19th) mytune up utilities 2008 done its once a week check and when done it restarted the computer as normal, but now Microsoft intellitype and intellipoint don't work. It says in the failure to load window, to cure the problem uninstall then reinstall the program.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>So I removed and reinstalled both programs to the latest version, but they still won't run and the same uninstall, then reinstall message comes up on boot. When I click on the shortcut I get the following message</SPAN></SPAN>
    "Window host process (Rundll32) has stopped working"

So I undone the changes with the restore option on the tune up tools, but that didn't do anything. So thought I would do a system restore with windows, but its not working. I get the following message.

System restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system.

The volume shadow copy service used by system restore is not working. For more info view the event log (ox81000202)

I have no idea what the last log bit is, and don't know where to find it so any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

[​IMG] Don</SPAN>

don_jarr, Oct 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. don_jarr

WAW8

Can you boot into Vista normally? If so, do the following to see your event log:

Open Control Panel,

Select "Administrative Tools",

Select "Event Viewer",

On the left hand side select "Windows Logs" and then "Application",

This will open a list of events that happened due to applications running. The most recent events are at the top of the list. Look for entries under the "source" column such as "Windows Error Reporting" or "Application Error", noting the time and date that the events happened.

If that doesn't yield anything useful, I've attached a link to the MS Technet blog that presented various solutions to this problem. As you will see, it's not a simple problem to diagnose and fix:

[url]http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1617164&SiteID=17 [/url]

WAW8, Oct 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question