Problem with USB 2.0 Ports

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Steveh24, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Steveh24

Steveh24

Since installing Vista 32 (Ultimate) I have had real problems with the onboard USB 2.0 ports and when I plug my scanner into them the system keeps saying that the device will perform better if I plugged it into a USB 2.0 port, which of course it is.

I also have a PCI Card with 4 x USB 2.0 ports and it keeps asking me install the drivers when it boots up, where can I find these drivers as according to the VIA web site the drivers are supposed to be supplied by the Operating System.

My first impression of Vista are that it is crap as I never had any of these problems before it was installed.

I have disabled USB Legacy Support in the BIOS, but it made no difference.

Can anybody help me out with the above problems.

:crazy::crazy:

Steveh24, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Steveh24

Jason

Go to device manager in administrative tools, find you usb 2.0 hub and right click let update driver, let vista search for one.

Jason, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Steveh24

VistaRocks

Funny how pll say VISTA is crap cause they have driver issues. Try blaming hardware manufactures that cant put out descent drivers for THERE hardware. Yes and try doing what Jason said, lol.

VistaRocks, Mar 8, 2007
  4. Steveh24

Steveh24

Already tried letting windows search for a new driver, but it says it can't find one, but it doesn't matter coz I've solved the problem .......... I've zapped the drive and installed XP again and it's nice to have a fully working stable O/S again where all my devices work.

I agree that a lot of the problemsare caused bypoor supportfrom the manufacturers, but unfortunately this will stop many people from installing Vista for some time to come.

:angry::crazy:

Steveh24, Mar 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question