Problem with Sound on Vista x86, Funny Squeaking sound thru speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chada, Mar 17, 2008.

1. chada

chada

Hi,

I'm Having a problem with the sound on my laptop. The laptop is custom built but I know that it uses a Mitac 8252D chasis and the sound chip is Realtek HD Audio (ALC 883). My speakers/headphones produce small squeaking sounds and some static. I think the problem is driver related. When using the R1.60 Drivers (supplied with my laptop) I get the squeaking but very good sound quality. When using newer drivers like R1.75 or R1.88 (Newest) the squeaking disappears but I get very dull sound. Some drivers like R1.87 just make the sound really funny (high pitched). The Vista inbuilt driver also makes it high pitched.

More info:

-Vista Home Premium x86

-Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2Ghz

-Nvidia 8600M GS

The laptop doesnt squeak when booting up.

Any ideas? All help Appreciated.

Chada

chada, Mar 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. chada

WAW8

I know it can be hard to find, but we do have an Audio and Video forum for just this kind of problem.

I'll be moving the post there. Look there for replies.

WAW8, Mar 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. chada

chada

ok. i thought this was a technical problem so i posted here. anyways will look for replies in the audio/video forum

chada, Mar 17, 2008
  4. chada

WAW8

Don't know if you're using RealTek HD drivers (high def audio), but there appear to be driver updates nearly every week, indicating that there continue to be problems with them in Vista.

I don't use RealTek drivers since I added a sound card, but when I was using onboard sound, there was a noticeable hum in the speakers. What stopped this was muting the microphone input. Also, when I had mult-channel sound enabled, lowering the Center/Sub sliders to their minimum also helped.

WAW8, Mar 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question