Problem with Page File Designation

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by imabuckeye, May 31, 2008.

1. imabuckeye

imabuckeye

A month ago I purchased a new HP Pavilion running Windows Vista Home Premium edition. I created an additional drive and successfully switch paging from C:\ to new logical drive. Now, 4 weeks later, the page file is back to c:\. I have tried to change the page file back to my page file logical drive (using the performance options - virtual memory box. I have unchecked the automatic manage at top of box, click on my page file logical drive, check custom size, and set initial size to 2000 and maximum size to 4400 (which is within size of the drive).Page file for all other drives is "none". I then click set, ok and restart pc. This is the process which I had success with 4 weeks ago. When PC is restarted, the virtual memory box shows no drive is set for page file. Any ideas as to what may be happening would be appreciated!

imabuckeye, May 31, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. imabuckeye

kingofnexus

Very odd.. maybe the hdd isn't being detected until after windows has booted, so when it looks for it on boot and doesn't find it, it may reset the page file drive to none.

kingofnexus, May 31, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. imabuckeye

WAW8

WAW8, Jun 1, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question