Problem with Creative Sound Card

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Bondy, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Bondy

Bondy

Hey everyone, I got a problem with my Sound Blaster Live! Its all installed, works fine I can hear things fine but.... When I go to the Windows Vista Audio Mixer I have hardly any control over the device. The line in dont work for some reason it says its unavailable. I also dont have that feature that I did with windows XP called "What you hear" or "Stereo Mix" Where I can make the recording device be what ever sounds the PC makes and I really need this.

Here is what it looks like

[​IMG]

Can any here help me? Are there any settings I can change or software I can download which will allow me to make the "Line In" available and the "What you hear" to appear on the mixer? I also had this same problem with a different sound card so its not the sound card to blame.

Additional Information

OS Version - Windows Vista Build 6000 Final

Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Sound Card Driver - Modded Creative Driver From http://www.ngohq.com

Creative haven't released a driver for this model yet on their website for Vista yet.

Cheers

Bondy, Nov 25, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Bondy

Menion

Well. If you need it I would recommend you to go back to Windows XP, or buy a new sound card. The one you got is old... Very old...

The problem has to do with the drivers you're using, they don't seem to be 100% compatible with your hardware. So either you do what I stated above, or you wait for new drivers (which might never happen, based on how old your card is).

Menion, Nov 27, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Bondy

garak0410

I have an Audiigy 2 Ex and the breakout box wont power up under Vista...

garak0410, Dec 27, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question