Problem with copying a Microsoft Access Database from a Vista machine for backup

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by DP, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DP

DP

Hi

I am having a problem with copying a Microsoft Access Database from a Vista machine for backup.

I have an application (developed in VB6) with a Microsoft Access backend. It installs fine and everything works perfectly. However, as soon as I try copy the database from the Vista machine and try open the database on an XP machine, none of the information that was entered from the Vista machine appears in the database. In fact, it seems that the database that was originally installed on the Vista machine is the one that gets copied over.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

DP, Aug 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. DP

WAW8

Sorry, not able to provide MS Office Access detailed support.

Suggest you check on the MS Office support forums. Perhaps they will be able to provide an answer.

WAW8, Aug 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. DP

DarryleMaio

Access DB Copy Problem Is Vista Problem

This is a Vista problem and NOT an Access problem. I have the same problem and need help with it.
    When you copy or move an Access DB while running Vista, the data disappears. If you take the same DB on a PC running XP this does not happen. Also, if you copy the DB from Vista to XP the data disappears but if you copy the DB from XP to Vista the data is there.
    While running Vista if you attach the DB to an email or FTP it using TeamViewer or LogMeIn, when the file is opened on the machine receiving it, it is empty. This never happens on an XP machine.
    Why does Vista strip the data from the Access DB? HELP!

DarryleMaio, Dec 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question