Problem with 2 vista machines being able to save to network drive

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by davebeneteau, May 29, 2007.

1. davebeneteau

davebeneteau

Good afternoon,

We have 2 new vista laptops. Currently the network is set up as a workgroup, with individual users able to access their own network share folder via their logon on their desktop. The two new laptops are able to access the network shared folder associated with the logon but are unable to save anything to that same folder. the same setup on any xp machine here works fine. any ideas?

thanks

Dave

davebeneteau, May 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. davebeneteau

jmbowlsbey

I am having a simular problem but with a desktop Vista Ultimate installation. I am able to open files and modify them but when I try and save them to the original destination I get an error message saying file not saved.

My quick fix has been to save the files to the desktop and then copy over the original file on the network but this is time consuming. Again I can move files to the network but when I am in an application and try and save I get the error. (applications are word and excel)

jmbowlsbey, Aug 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. davebeneteau

Jason

To clarify, your basic problem is that you have two laptops both w/ shared folders/driver and when accessed by the other laptop you cannot save to that shared drive/folder? Have you checked the permissions on your network shared folder to allow full control to "Everyone" ?

Jason, Aug 10, 2007
  4. davebeneteau

cyclic

That should do the trick.

cyclic, Aug 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question