Problem incoming network traffic

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Cephus, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Cephus

Cephus

hey guys,

I am trying to access my Vista (RC1 build 5600) box remotely and it keep acting like it's not there. I try to ping it via the IP address and still nothing. However, I use the name of the machine and it shows the correct IP but still nothing.

I go into Vista and notice that the firewall is not turned on. I try to start the service but it keeps giving me an error #1297:

"A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration."

I turned off the UAC so I am always an admin, so what gives? Any ideas?

Cephus, Sep 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Cephus

Cephus

Update:

I couldn't find anything else so I just did an "upgrade" on my install. I was trying to repair the install but I didn't notice an option so I just put the same copy of the DVD that I used and it seemed to do the trick.

Just in case because I have seen this on two of our 3 Vista boxes.

Cephus, Sep 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question