Problem in installing the printer

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by nishank, May 12, 2007.

1. nishank

nishank

hey guys, i am new to this forum. i have windows vista ultimate edition. vista is unable to automatically install my printer (HP PSC 1315) when i plug in the usb drive. then i tried to install it through the add printer wizard, at the stage where it asks me to select a manufacturer and prinetr model, i do not get any name of manufacturer or printer. and also when i tried to install it through add hardware wizard and select to show all devicesI do not get names of any manufacturers and hardware models. Guys please help me with this. Thanx in advance

nishank, May 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. nishank

cyclic

You need to install the USB and other drivers before plugging the drive in, try it that way around then when you plug it in it will proceed with any other software installing (assuming you've left the disk in the drive) and then ask if you want to set it as 'default' you are confusing the issue using the add printer wizard which you only need if Vista has native support for your printer, otherwise........drivers first, plug in second.

cyclic, May 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question