Problem connecting a Garmin 1490T sat nav

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Brian_E, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Brian_E

Brian_E

If I try to connect my Garmin 1490T to my PC, I get a Windows error message saying that before I can use the disc in drive G: I must format it (I haven't done so). I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Garmin USB drivers and using different USB sockets/cables but no difference. Windows Disc Management reports that the disk is "Healthy (Primary Partition)" and the file system is "Raw." I cannot access the disk to see what is on it, but the device works OK in my car and will connect to my office PC running Windows XP (at least, it will at the moment). Garmin say it is not a problem with the device but with my PC. I never had this problem with my tomtom though. I have contacted my PC manufacturer and they have advised me to remove all Garmin software and drivers off my PC and then reinstall them, but I wouldn't be able to reinstall MapSource etc as I cannot connect my Garmin device to my PC. I have successfully connected the sat nav to my home PC some time ago, but now it won't work. I don't know what else to try. Help.....

Brian_E, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question