Printer sharring will not stay on

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by firewater88, Dec 1, 2008.

1. firewater88

firewater88

I am running vista 32bit on my desktop with 2 epson printers attached to it. I share these printers with my vista 64bit laptop. I can print just fine but ONLY when the desktop sharing is still on. it mysteriously un-shares itself and my print jobs do not go through from the laptop. I have tried several things, I used Live One care to share printers but found that did not work well. I disabled that and just shared from the printers folder. It happens if I share just one printer manually or all printers through network sharing. It may be a few days before it stops sharing the printer, but it will stop.

I thought it might be because I RD into the desktop machine and i had brig printers here checked. But ti still does it.

Any thoughts???

firewater88, Dec 1, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. firewater88

WAW8

Not an expert on using Remote Desktop, but since it messes with the ownership of the printers, I wouldn't be surprised if it disabled sharing when you use it. Sorry, don't know of any way around that.

WAW8, Dec 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question