Printer drivers driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by walshyfz86, Apr 30, 2008.

1. walshyfz86

walshyfz86

Ok so im running vista home premium 32bit. When i first got it i bought a hp all in one c4180 printer. It installed fine and worked great. All of a sudden it stopped reading that device all together. Was unrecognized when i went into device manager. Tried installing it cant find the driver software. Cd gets denied. Downloaded it off line same story. Tried new cables same story. I then tried a crappy old dell printer. plugged it in it loaded its self worked fine!. Now went out and got a new canon mp210 scanner/printer and back to the same thing. It plugs in it reads the printer identifies it no problem. Put cd in and where it gets to the screen to auto detect the port it does not detect it. And i cant select usb port in the manual part. So i tired to download those drivers. And it wont find them. I tried all usb ports same thing. I also tried to uninstall all the drivers like in the pinned topic. Access was either denied or unable to. Please help

walshyfz86, Apr 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. walshyfz86

walshyfz86

I just tried command promt CD C:\windows then rm infcache.1 RM is not a recognized command. I tried Del infcache1.inf and access is denied.

walshyfz86, Apr 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. walshyfz86

WAW8

You're not going to be able to do that stuff unless you open an elevated command prompt as the administrator. Enter "cmd" in the start menu and press ctl-shift-enter. Accept the UAC prompt and a command window will open as the Administrator.

WAW8, May 1, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question