Previous Versions and Restore Points

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by eralper, Feb 8, 2007.

1. eralper

eralper

Hi all,

I haveaccidentally deleted all the contents of a file folder on my computer. But the restore pointslike shadow copies saved my work.

You have to enable system protection on your disks or partitions to get benefit of the Previous versions feature of Vista.

I believe my experience that I summarized at http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-enable-previous-versions.aspxon this topic will guide you also.

Eralper

eralper, Feb 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. eralper

WAW8

Might also want to point out that if you're running Vista in a dual-boot mode (with XP), if you then reboot with XP, ALL of the Vista restore points are wiped out -- unless you hide the Vista partition from XP.

So, in that scenario, your only restore options are to use the full computer imaging feature of Vista backup, or a third-party product like Symantec Ghost or Acronis True Image, to create your own restore images on demand.

WAW8, Mar 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question