Post Upgrading Problems.

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by rminb010204, Nov 18, 2007.

1. rminb010204

rminb010204

Okay hello,

so my friend she was having problems with vista so I got my own copy and took it over

we couldent format because we had no backup methods and we didnt have the option of upgrading so I just installed a new

windows installation on the same drive, now I cant seem to find a way totake ownershipof allof herdocuments at once,

she has 5000 pictures and we need to take ownership of all them.

is there any way?

rminb010204, Nov 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. rminb010204

cyclic

So you have 2 installs on the same drive from different installation disks and wonder why you cannot own files, first of all they already belong to a legitimate system so another system wont be allowed to take over ownership. Just as a by the way the second system is unlawful and may drop to none functioning at any time, or they might both do.

I'm sorry to say your idea for retrieval of these files is fundamentally flawed, buy a DVD burner and back them up to that, using the correct installation DVD boot to that to reformat and reinstall if problems are so severe you cannot rectify it, but I have yet to come across an installation of Vista were such drastic action is necessary.

cyclic, Nov 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. rminb010204

rminb010204

I can take ownership of the files,

its just I can only do it one by one,

I need a way to do a group of files at once,

I have done it before, just forgot how.

rminb010204, Nov 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question