Post Up your 5308 Bugs!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

I though it would be a good idea to get a list going of known bugs in 5308, I myself have see some first hand, here is what I found.

1) When changing the background from an image to just a plain color the sidebar does not change, it is still looking as if there is a background image behind it. It will only adapt to the change if you flip it from left to right, and back to left again. Same thing goes for taskbar/start menu bar on the bottom.

2) Sometime I get random re-boots when resuming from standbye or just for the hell of it sometimes.

Jason, Mar 12, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Synapse

1> Media Player 11 will NOT find my songs. I'm not sure if it's because they're on another hard drive, or it's an incomplete program.

2> Sometimes the Windows button on the taskbar disappears. You can still click the area and get the start menu, but the button is gone.

3> AIM, MSN 7.5 and Windows Live Messenger will NOT work on Vista 5308. They will run once or twice, and then will continually fail to connect. Trillian though, works.

4> If you've got firefox as your default browser, and try to open a site in IE7, the IE tries to open firefox, and load it there.

5> The Solve Problems bubble WILL NOT GO AWAY, even if all problems are solved.

That's all so far.

Synapse, Mar 12, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

craigwelsh

1>It found my songs when i told it to look on the external hard drive location. Looks good in the library with all the albums stacked up! You can alway do an add media search.

3>Ive been using Live Messenger everyday in work since i installed vista with no probs, it is the newer shinier looking version now since the update came out [:)].

Another major problem that seems to cause a bug is java! It does not work with desktop composition and gets rid of aero glass. Desktop composition says it will come back on when i stop using problem program (java) but it doesnt until a reboot, havnt worked out how to turn it back on yet.

Small bug - there are two power options in control panel and some items dont have working icons.

If you use a penkey to boost your system performance its difficult to turn back off again, mine bluescreened and needed a reinstall as it didnt work after a restart.

Putting a DVD movie in crashed whatever is the default open option.

Sidebar clock keeps redexing!

craigwelsh, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Jason

Synapse

I fixed the Messenger Problem, but AIM still wont work, it was a UAP problem.

Icons will be fixed in later versions of the OS.

Java works fine for me.

I BSOD on shutdown everytime, but it doesn't harm my computer. Probably an OS glitch.

Synapse, Mar 16, 2006
  5. Jason

Jason

What was the UDP problem?

Jason, Mar 16, 2006
  6. Jason

Synapse

The internet wouldn't authorize the connection between MSN and the net unless I turned off UAP. It's really dumb.

Synapse, Mar 16, 2006
  7. Jason

mike2291

use gaim way better than aim

allows all messaging programs

+ tabbed ims and many more plugins by default

P.S. use beta 2 of Gaim

mike2291, Mar 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question