"please wait while windows checks your computers performance" BUG

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by rockerz6613, Nov 29, 2010.

1. rockerz6613

rockerz6613

Does anyone know how to bypass or at least remove the check using vlite or something just to pass this at the last part of windows vista installation. This has always obstruct me from using a fresh install of windows vista. It Freezes at "please wait while windows checks your computers performance"

PS:
    Windows Vista is completely installed I just couldn't use the computer without finishing "please wait while windows checks your computers performance" process.

rockerz6613, Nov 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. rockerz6613

WAW8

If you're asking about install "vlite" -- that is NOT an MS-offered version of Vista (as far as I know), but some hacked version made available through various "warez" sites.

Suggest you check with where you got it to see if THEY will provide you support.

We don't provide support for "unofficial" Vista versions here.

WAW8, Nov 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. rockerz6613

rockerz6613

No no , Windows Vista is legit I just couldn't get pass the "please wait while windows checks your computers performance"(After the Thank you screen) coz it freezes halfway through, i just want to know if there is a way i can bypass it. I don't want piracy but if i can use vlite to remove the check after install that would be helpfull?

as I said Vista is completely installed I just couldn't use OS without finishing the check.

rockerz6613, Nov 29, 2010
  4. rockerz6613

WAW8

Do you have more than one stick of RAM in your machine? If so, you could try booting with only one stick -- at least to get by the WEI delay/freezing problem.

Sorry, don't know any way to disable it initially.

WAW8, Nov 30, 2010
  5. rockerz6613

rockerz6613

specs
    A6Rp -> Intel(R) celeron(R) M CPU 420 @1.60 GHz
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200m Series graphics card
    installed memory 1,151.36 mb
    2 sticks of ram

rockerz6613, Dec 1, 2010
  6. rockerz6613

WAW8

Wow -- with those specs, you're going to get abysmal performance in Vista.

I had a tablet PC with much the same specs and Vista crawled. It was usable, but barely. Like yours, it did NOT support Aero graphics, so at least the screen refresh rate was reasonable.

I only suggested one stick of RAM because it may be hanging on the memory check -- which I believe is the first thing it does.

WAW8, Dec 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question