please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Tracey Jones, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Tracey Jones

Tracey Jones

I've been happily receiving and sending emails from my computer by clicking the 'start' button in the lower left hand corner of my screen and then clicking on 'Emails' from the list that comes up. Now all of a sudden for no apparent reason I'm not able to receive any new emails and ones I want to send are stuck in my outbox. I get a dialogue box with a message that says 'please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server'. I'm certain I know my username but each time I have tried one of the passwords I currently use, and the system tries to connect to 'pop tools sky.com' , authorization fails and the same dialogue box returns (please verify etc....).
    I have accessed help via the tools tab in windows mail and followed all instructions, I have also tried changing my password to no avail.
    I am able to deal with my emails via login to my Sky account but I don't want to have to access my emails in this way, I would prefer to get them straight from my desktop, as I always have. Sky have assured me this is not their problem as the emails system works fine via their login, and they advised me to contact Microsoft.
    This is frustrating the heck out of me and made harder because I'm afraid I do not have much computer know-how and understand very little computer language.
    Is there anyone who can tell me in plain English how to resolve this problem please?

Tracey

Tracey Jones, Mar 23, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Tracey Jones

Cammygirl192

Try using a different mail client such as Mozilla Thunderbird: Windows Mail is a little outdated to modern standards.

~Cammy W.

Cammygirl192, Mar 25, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Tracey Jones

Edwin009

Edwin009, Mar 25, 2016
    Regina Pierson and Beingdinu like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question