PLEASE HELP ME!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by rage99, Jan 31, 2007.

1. rage99

rage99

Hi guys i will tell you what i am running:

Windows Vista Ultimate 2007

512MB Ram

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz

1GB Memory Stick Duo - READYBOOST

ATI Radeon X300 Series Video Card - With Latest Drivers.

And basically Once i turn my pc on and logon it sounds as if there is something loading for about 30 minutes

And also with Internet Explorer 7 - onsome forums & websitewhenever i scroll down it is Flashing and also on http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/default.mspx the whole website & the animation at the top are flashing continously....

I dont get this problem with Firefox 2.0 - but i prefer IE7 so i would like to keep IE7 and get the Problem sorted out...

Thanks

rage99, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. rage99

rage99

BTW: The Pc Itself Runs Fast

rage99, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. rage99

Jason

So does it take a long time to boot up? Have you installed any other programs besides the bare OS? You can try right clicking the start menu anywhere when its open and going to properties, then customize start menu. And check the box to show the "run" command. Then in the run command box type "msconfig" and go to the startup tag. And you can see what it loading on startup and uncheck any programs which dont need to load on startup.

As far as the flashing goes, sounds like you need to get the latet video drivers. Try going to: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.htmland downloading the correct on for vista.

Jason, Jan 31, 2007
  4. rage99

rage99

Windows Defender
    Microsoft IntelliPoint
    Java(TM) Platform
    Microsoft Windows Operating System
    Messenger
    Steam
    Microsoft Windows Operating System
    Bluetooth Software 5.1.0.1700

I wouldn't have thought these would be memory hogs : BUT the startup time takes about 5 - 7 seconds till i can open internet explorer....

rage99, Jan 31, 2007
  5. rage99

rage99

Just got the LATEST ATI RADEOON X300 Video card software for Vista- and in internet explorer it still it all flashy...

Anything i can do?

rage99, Jan 31, 2007
  6. rage99

Tha*Lunat!k

In case you haven't already done so, you may need to uninstall the drivers completely, reboot, then install fresh drivers. I had this with my GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and doing the above stopped it from happening. Of course that card wasn't great for Vista anyhow but it did clear up the flashing objects on webpages when scrolling.

Tha*Lunat!k, Jan 31, 2007
  7. rage99

rage99

Just deleted Adobe Flash player. Limewire, Bluetooth software & it is still going flashy etc. :(

rage99, Feb 2, 2007
  8. rage99

Titch

The problem here is probably Windows Defender. It isprobably set to do a scan at 3 am. If the machine ain't on at that time it will run the scan on start up. Go into Windows Defender and adjust scan times/frequency or even stop scan altogether.

Titch, Apr 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question